Specialize in Applied Behavior Analysis with the BCBA Certificate
Azusa Pacific University’s Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Certificate offers comprehensive preparation in applied behavior analysis (ABA) for successful careers in education, psychology or mental health, and behavior analysis. The program’s specialized coursework trains candidates to utilize evidence-based strategies to effectively create behavior change and facilitate skill acquisition with individuals they work with, including those with autism and developmental disabilities.
Courses are taught by experienced BCBAs who currently practice in the field and impart their knowledge and skills to learners at every class session. These knowledgeable faculty take a pragmatic and hands-on approach to teaching that incorporates the most up-to-date and relevant research, while simultaneously preparing students for the certification exam. Through APU’s applied behavior analysis certificate, professionals are equipped to empower children and families to change behavior and make strides toward personal and academic growth.
Approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, APU’s program meets the latest, Fourth Edition Task List requirements set forth by the board.
Meet the Faculty: Heather Maguire
- Fulfill the educational requirements for certification to practice ABA as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Finish the program in 10 months, ready to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination once independent fieldwork hours are complete. (Candidates receive the BCBA designation only upon passing the exam.)
- Build a strong foundation of ethics, compassion, and competency with coursework taught from a distinctly Christian worldview.
- Learn from distinguished faculty who provide opportunities for candidates to immediately put course material and new skills into practice.
- Find expanded career opportunities in a variety of health care and education settings that offer psychological, behavioral, and counseling services.
- Meet the increasing demand for professionals adept at guiding students, children, and families through behavioral challenges and special needs, such as autism.
About Applied Behavior Analysis
Built on a scientific understanding of the principles of behavior and learning, ABA therapy is a systematic approach to bring about changes in behavior. It is often used to treat behavioral disorders and other conditions that inhibit positive behavior. Through applied behavior analysis, trained professionals observe, analyze, and design ways to produce positive behavior changes. Behavior analysts are able to deftly guide students and individuals to improve skill deficits and reduce problem behavior.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program, visit Gainful Employment Disclosure.
Note: This information is current for the 2018-19 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.