Impact the Music Industry with APU’s Commercial Music Major
To prepare students personally and professionally for careers in the music industry, the commercial music major focuses on integrating skills in the areas of music business, composition and arranging, live and studio performance, as well as audio recording and production. The combination of internship opportunities, an ever-growing network of working APU alumni, and experienced faculty-professionals offer graduates of the Bachelor of Music in Commercial Music program access to strategic links within the Los Angeles music industry.
Students select from five tracks or areas of specialization:
- Audio recording
- Instrumental performance
- Music business
- Vocal performance
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a commercial music major (B.M.) if you:
- Plan to craft a career within the music industry.
- Seek to achieve the highest level of musical excellence.
- Are curious about, and desire to be a part of the constantly changing trends in the music industry.
- Understand the importance of having multiple musical skills as path to career success.
- Small classes that facilitate greater student access to professors
- Freedom to integrate faith and musicianship
- Interaction with a variety of performance groups
School of Music Accreditation
A degree from Azusa Pacific University is respected and recognized internationally, and accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The university is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2017 rankings, placing at No. 183 in Tier One of the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2017 Best Colleges in the West, Forbes ranked APU among the best schools in the nation for 2017, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2017, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their education dreams.