Student PortraitsMeet students preparing to make a difference in the world.
- A Living Space: Cultivating Community as a Resident Advisor in APU's Shire ModsResident Advisor, Brianne Ebli ‘22, Mdiv ‘24, shares how living in the Shire Mods allows her to cultivate and experience community at APU.
- A Living Space: Life Together as Roommates in APU's University VillageRoommates, Isabelle Ramos ‘24 and Natalie Chi ‘24, share how living in APU student housing enables them to grow their faith, enjoy common interests, and build a lasting friendship.
- A Living Space: Dorm Life as a First-Year Student in APU's Engstrom HallFirst-year APU student, Camron Williams ‘25, shares how living on campus in Engstrom Hall feels like home. The experience has helped him build community and meaningful friendships while strengthening his faith.
- The Gift: Kadyn's StoryAs a social work major, Kadyn Gianis ’21 plans to live out her calling by helping remove barriers for others. An experience of self-discovery on a study-away trip to Pietermaritzburg, South Africa, further fueled her desire to give back. A scholarship opportunity proved to be a gift for Kadyn, who finds strength and encouragement through professors and fellow students at APU and in her faith.
- The Gift: Selom's StoryRecent graduate and scholar-athlete Selom Mawugbe ’20 earned a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry. During his time at Azusa Pacific, Selom also played forward on the APU men’s basketball team. With scholarship support and under the mentorship of APU professors, Selom developed his lifelong interest in the sciences as a way to study and understand the intricacies of God’s creation.
- The Gift: Alexis's StoryMeet Alexis Valtier ’22, who plans to one day bring healing to others as a physician. The gift of a scholarship is helping Alexis pursue this dream as a biochemistry and honors humanities major at APU, where she is learning to blend her passion for ministry and the medical field, guided by faculty-mentors.
- The Gift: Matt's StoryAs an animation and visual effects major at Azusa Pacific University, Matthew D'Amico ’23 is deepening his artistic skills and pursuing his passion for storytelling through animation. A scholarship is helping Matthew reach his goals in higher education as he follows in the footsteps of 20 of his family members who completed their degrees at APU.
- Student Portraits: Jessica Logan '21, Liberal StudiesJessica Logan ’21 is a liberal studies major with an emphasis in mathematics at Azusa Pacific University. Watch to see how Jessica plans to help her future students break through their math anxiety and conquer the subject.
- Student Portraits: Oganes Khatchikian '20, PhysicsOganes Khatchikian ’20 is a physics major at Azusa Pacific University. His experiences conducting research and learning from APU science professors led to a fellowship opportunity this summer at Caltech.
- Student Portraits: Timothy Gee '20, Allied HealthTimothy Gee ’20 is an allied health major at Azusa Pacific University. Watch to see how Timothy connects with others as he works toward his goal of becoming a physician assistant.
- Student Portraits: Matthew Perera '20, Computer ScienceMatthew Perera ’20 is a computer science major at Azusa Pacific University. See how a simple conversation with his academic advisor enabled Matthew to discover his passion, leading to a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity serving abroad.
- Student Portraits: Hannah Hernandez '20, SociologyHannah Hernandez ’20 is a sociology major at Azusa Pacific University. Studying away in South Africa paved the way for Hannah to change majors to sociology, through which she discovered the power of listening to and understanding others’ stories.