Student PortraitsMeet students preparing to make a difference in the world.
- Student Portraits: Sean Trahan '19, Music and WorshipA message from God led Sean to pursue a completely different path than what he originally intended. Now, as a music and worship major, he sees music as the language through which God wants Sean to speak and share.
- Student Portraits: Jessica Logan '21, Liberal StudiesJessica Logan ’21 is a liberal studies major with an emphasis in mathematics at Azusa Pacific University. Watch to see how Jessica plans to help her future students break through their math anxiety and conquer the subject.
- Student Portraits: Oganes Khatchikian '20, PhysicsOganes Khatchikian ’20 is a physics major at Azusa Pacific University. His experiences conducting research and learning from APU science professors led to a fellowship opportunity this summer at Caltech.
- Student Portraits: Timothy Gee '20, Allied HealthTimothy Gee ’20 is an allied health major at Azusa Pacific University. Watch to see how Timothy connects with others as he works toward his goal of becoming a physician assistant.
- Student Portraits: Matthew Perera '20, Computer ScienceMatthew Perera ’20 is a computer science major at Azusa Pacific University. See how a simple conversation with his academic advisor enabled Matthew to discover his passion, leading to a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity serving abroad.
- Student Portraits: Hannah Hernandez '20, SociologyHannah Hernandez ’20 is a sociology major at Azusa Pacific University. Studying away in South Africa paved the way for Hannah to change majors to sociology, through which she discovered the power of listening to and understanding others’ stories.
- Student Portraits: Giulianna Arza '20, Business ManagementGiulianna Arza ’20 is a business management major at Azusa Pacific University and an international student from Paraguay. Leadership opportunities at APU, including the Alpha Program, have empowered Giulianna as she learns to lead others in business and in life.
- Student Portraits: Emily Ohara '21, Public RelationsEmily Ohara ’21 is a public relations major at Azusa Pacific University. Serving as public relations strategist for APU’s Student Government Association, Emily applied her growing PR skills to benefit the student body and amplify the voices of her peers.
- Student Portraits: Angelique (AJ) Low '19, Physical EducationFor Angelique, an adapted physical education major, PE offers her a way to reach children with special needs and show them their value. Watch her story.
- Student Portraits: Savannah Fell '21, Animation and Visual EffectsSavannah Fell is pursuing her dreams to work in animation through Azusa Pacific University’s animation program. Drawing on the example Jesus set as a storyteller, Savannah is telling her stories through Christ and the gift He has given to her.
- Student Portraits: Qamdhyn Hale '22, Animation and Visual EffectsIn a defining moment, Qamdhyn realized that animation was his calling. He hopes to dedicate himself to influential projects meant for all to enjoy, and Azusa Pacific University’s animation and visual effects major is helping him pursue these dreams.
- Student Portraits: Suzann Lee '19, Kinesiology“Jesus’ heart for healing is so evident as he is continuously taking time to interact with those that were sick and healing those that were sick. With that, God gave me a heart for healing.” As a Kinesiology major, Suzann is learning to apply this passion for healing as she becomes equipped to pursue medical missions in the future.