Each year, five Azusa Unified School District (AUSD) graduates are awarded the Celebrate Azusa Citizen/Nancy Moore Scholarship with an additional two given to Citrus College transfer students who also graduated from the AUSD. Each scholarship is worth $5,000 and renewable each year up to four years. This scholarship honors the community service and academic achievement of each student and also encourages the student’s personal growth and development as well as continued involvement in the city of Azusa.
As a condition to receiving the scholarship, each student must participate in the Azusa Scholars Program directed by MAS. This program is designed to provide support for each student’s success and personal growth and consists of the following commitments:
- Consistent service within the city of Azusa (this is in addition to the university’s service requirement)
- Attendance at community events, such as Golden Days
- Discussion forums once a semester
- One-on-one mentor program
- Training retreats once a semester
- Maintain a minimum 2.8 GPA
Students interested in applying for this scholarship should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and submit an application for enrollment to the university. Information regarding the scholarship can be requested from the admissions counselor. The application process includes a written application with a short answer section and an on-campus interview.
Qualifications and selection criteria:
- Students currently attending Azusa/Gladstone/Sierra Continuation High Schools
- Students currently attending Citrus College and a graduate of Azusa/Gladstone/Sierra Continuation High Schools
- Recipients must live in the Azusa area and plan to enroll at Azusa Pacific University
- Commitment to the mission and four cornerstones of Azusa Pacific University
- Minimum grade-point average of 2.8 (Azusa/Gladstone/Sierra Continuation High Schools)/ 2.2 (Citrus College)
- Passion for service within the Azusa community
- Proven leadership skills (e.g. volunteer work in the city of Azusa, ASB, co-curricular activities at high school, athletics, parks and recreation, or youth group involvement)
- Admission to APU and interview for scholarship
For more information regarding this program, please contact Karen Rouggly, director for mobilization, at email@example.com.