Guaranteed Admission Partnerships
Azusa Pacific University maintains a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the school districts and private schools listed below. Azusa Pacific guarantees admittance and at least $10,000 in financial aid to students from the listed school districts and private schools who meet a set of minimum academic requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the academic requirements on the part of the student for admission to APU?
- Meet the standard admission requirements of APU
- Successful completion (grade of "C" or higher) of all A-G coursework.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative 10-12th grade weighted grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Attain minimum SAT score of 990 or an ACT composite of 19
Other than academic requirements, what do students need for admission?
Complete the online application process as well as read and agree to the expectations given. APU is an evangelical, Christian community of disciples and scholars who seek to advance the Kingdom of God in the world through academic excellence, service, and discipleship. Students who are admitted must understand what characterizes the Christian community at APU, demonstrate support for the standards and spirit of the university, and exhibit moral character in harmony with its purpose.
What is the minimum financial aid package that will be awarded to admitted students who qualify for the MOU?
Admitted students who complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) will receive a minimum financial aid package of $10,000 each year for four years of undergraduate studies.
Who should my high school counselor reach out to with questions about the MOU?
All high school guidance and career counselors can contact Undergraduate Admissions directly at (626) 812-3016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is responsible for communicating the existence and terms of the MOU to students and families in my school district or private school?
Both parties, APU and the school district or private school, are responsible for working together to communicate this information to students and families.
Current Eligible School Districts
- Arcadia Unified School District
- Azusa Unified School District
- Bassett Unified School District
- Bonita Unified School District
- Chaffey Joint Union High School
- Charter Oak Unified School District
- Chino Valley Unified School District
- Claremont Unified School District
- Covina-Valley Unified School District
- Duarte Unified School District
- Glendora Unified School District
- Monrovia Unified School District
- Rowland Unified School District
- Temple City Unified School District
- Upland Unified School District
- West Covina Unified School District