Cheryl McKay Price, M.A.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Cinematic Arts
Cheryl McKay has been writing professionally since 1997. She wrote the screenplay for the award-winning feature film, The Ultimate Gift, based on Jim Stovall’s novel and starring James Garner, Brian Dennehy, and Abigail Breslin. She also wrote the screen story for its sequel, The Ultimate Life. She had one film produced in 2016, Extraordinary, with another going into production in 2017, Indivisible. Her screenplay, Never the Bride, was adapted into a novel for Random House Publishers and Greetings from the Flipside for B&H Publishing. She is the author of Finally the Bride and Finally Fearless, and collaborated on Novelizations: How to Adapt Scripts Into Novels with Rene Gutteridge. Her first solo novel was Song of Springhill: A Love Story, based on true mining disasters her grandfather survived. Most recently she released volume one of a new book series, Dates With God.
- M.A. in Communication, Cinema/Television/Theater, Regent University, 1995
- B.A. in Creative Arts, Theater, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1993
- Writers Guild of America (WGA) Member
- School of Visual and Performing Arts (College of the Arts)
- Department of Cinematic Arts
- Novel Adaptations
- True Stories
- Writing for Kids
- CINE 101 – Christianity and the Creative Process
- SCW 611 – Adaptation for Film and Television