Welcome to the Writing Center
The Writing Center is a free resource for all members of the APU community, where we coach writers in the improvement of their own writing. We also offer coaching for a variety of speaking needs and purposes, including support in presentation writing and delivery, through our Speaking Center. We can help any APU student with any kind of writing project at any stage of the writing process.
Looking for course- or subject-specific help? Try the APU Tutoring Center.
Writing Center and Speaking Center Services
The Writing Center exists to support students (undergraduate through doctoral), faculty, and staff across APU’s campuses, including regional locations. We provide free one-on-one, group, and/or remote tutoring services, as well as in-class workshops.
The Speaking Center provides free coaching sessions to APU students for a variety of speaking needs and purposes, including support in presentation writing and delivery.
Scheduling an Appointment
Make your writing or speaking appointment through TutorTrac by following the instructions below:
- Download Firefox or Google Chrome browser.
- Right-click this link and open in a new tab: TutorTrac.
- Log in with your APU ID username ([email protected]) and password.
- Click “Search Availability” on the left side of the screen.
- Using the Center dropdown option, select “Writing Center.”
- Using the Section dropdown option, select:
- Writing: Your Academic Level or
- “Speaking Center”
- Using the Location dropdown option, select the location where you’d like to meet.
- Click “Search” (you do not need to alter the days and times, as they’re automatically set).
- The new web page will show available coaches and times; select the one that works best for you. If appointments do not show up, try selecting a different location, as availability may vary based on location.
- Enter contact info (required).
- In the Notes section, describe what you want to work on with your coach and paste a link to your assignment.
- Click “Save.”
Staff are available to assist you with questions via email at email@example.com.
Writing Center Workshops
We offer a variety of in-class workshops. If you would like a coach to present a writing or speaking topic workshop, fill out our Writing Center Service Request Form.