APU has 14 professional accreditations (PDF), which are listed below:
- The American Language and Culture Institute (ALCI) is a member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP), also known as EnglishUSA.
- The Art and Design programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- Azusa Pacific Seminary programs are accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- The BS in Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- The Doctor of Psychology program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- The School of Business and Management is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The School of Music programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- The School of Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- The School Psychology program is accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
- The Social Work programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Educator preparation programs in the School of Education, School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences, and School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Additionally, educator preparation programs in the School of Education are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Azusa Pacific University is approved for the training of veterans under the Veterans’ Bill of Rights. The university is listed with the United States Department of Justice for training of students from foreign countries.
Institutional membership and accreditation documents are available in the Office of the Provost.
The transferability of credits earned at Azusa Pacific University is at the discretion of the receiving college, university, or other educational institution. Students considering transferring to any institution should not assume that credits earned in any program of study at Azusa Pacific University will be accepted by the receiving institution. Similarly, the ability of a degree, certificate, diploma, or other academic credential earned at Azusa Pacific University to satisfy an admission requirement of another institution is at the discretion of the receiving institution. Accreditation does not guarantee credentials or credits earned at Azusa Pacific University will be accepted by or transferred to another institution. To minimize the risk of having to repeat coursework, students should contact the receiving institution in advance for evaluation and determination of transferability of credits and/or acceptability of degrees, diplomas, or certificates earned.
U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2023 edition named Azusa Pacific to its list of top national universities and several other significant lists, including First-Year Experiences and Top Performers on Social Mobility. The Princeton Review designated APU as 1 of 126 institutions in the “Best Western Colleges” section of its 2023 Best Colleges guide. APU’s School of Nursing was named a top nursing school in California for 2023 by College Factual and Niche. APU was included as a top-100 degree producer by Diverse: Issues In Higher Education and is a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). Azusa Pacific is also a Military Friendly School and Yellow Ribbon University, serving more than 500 military-connected students and families, and is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an R2 Doctoral Research University.