Commuter Services and Programming
We have a variety of services and events designed for undergraduate and graduate commuter students. Visit us in the Student Union, located in the Cougar Dome on East Campus, to access the following services:
- APU Green Commuter/Rideshare Program
- Refrigerator and Microwaves: In the Cougar Dome, we have a fridge and two microwaves for commuter students to use.
- Snacks and Coffee: Commuter students are welcome to a complimentary snack and cup of coffee each day. We have a variety of snack options.
- Office Supplies: We recognize that commuters aren’t able to run home to staple a paper or grab a pen. Stop by the Cougar Dome for these items—we’ve got you covered!
- Commuter Amenities: We know that you might have a long day on campus and need a little refresher, so stop by the Cougar Dome for some of those everyday necessities (disposable toothbrushes, hair ties, floss, etc.)
- Commuter Programming: We host a variety of events such as free breakfasts and lunches, Commuter Appreciation Week in the spring, a Commuter Gala, Commuter Chapel, and so much more! We encourage our commuters to keep an eye out for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org about upcoming events.
- Commuter Cohorts: All first-year and transfer commuter students are assigned to a commuter cohort led by one of our commuter life assistants. This will be a group for fellowship, event opportunities, and guidance as commuters navigate the APU campus experience together.
- Games and Recreational Equipment: In the Cougar Dome, we have a pool table, Ping Pong table, basketball court, computer stations, a study board, and a variety of board games that all students may use.
- West Campus Commuter Pop-Up Shop: We recognize many of our commuters spend a lot of time on West Campus. Stop by the pop-up shop for access to printing services and snacks, and our staff can help answer any questions. The pop-up shop will be available Tuesdays, 2:30-5:30 p.m., and Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
More questions? Learn more by checking out commuter FAQs.