We embrace a spirit of flexibility to be nimble and adapt as the university continues to adhere to guidance for higher education institutions from state and county public health and governmental agencies.
Workplace Health and Safety Protocols
All university campuses and offices have extended measures in place to maximize the health and safety of faculty, staff, students, and visitors. These measures are a shared responsibility as we work together for the benefit of our community and neighbors.
Additionally, APU campuses will bear resemblance to what you have seen in grocery stores and other business establishments, such as signage with reminders about wearing face coverings and washing hands frequently. Plexiglass barriers are also being placed in locations with high foot traffic.
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols
- Public areas and restrooms cleaned daily by Facilities Management.
- Cleaning products provided by Facilities Management in spaces open to the public. All employees share the responsibility in cleaning high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer available at all building entrances open to the public. (Some entrances may be closed.)
- Signage posted on building entrances requesting people not enter if they feel sick and encouraging everyone to maintain good hygiene and wear a face covering.
- All employees are required to wear a cloth face covering indoors (unless a health condition prevents them from doing so). Students, guests, and visitors are required to wear face coverings in public spaces as well.
- The university will supply employees with a reusable, washable face covering. The employee is responsible for cleaning the face covering, bringing it to campus each day, and wearing it (covering both nose and mouth) whenever in contact or likely to come into contact with others.
- Use of a face covering is not necessary when employees are in their office by themselves, assuming it is not a communal space and no more than one person occupies the office.
COVID-19 Workspace Signage
Office managers can order signs to post in your workspace that inform others of COVID-19 expectations and policies, including physical distancing, hand sanitizing stations, face coverings required, directional arrows, etc.
The Signage Request Form includes templates to download, customize, and print. All orders will be processed and delivered by Azusa Print + Design. COVID-19 and/or return to campus signage is covered by the university’s budget.
For ordering questions, contact Heather Synder, director of campus auxiliaries, at email@example.com.
Facilities Management oversees signage for general public areas such as classrooms, bathrooms, elevators, building exteriors, etc. Contact Andre Garces, manager of warehouse operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.