News Archive (2021)
- December 31, 2021APU introduces plans to provide a safe in-person learning environment for our students during the resurgence of COVID-19.
- November 29, 2021We are still learning about the new variant, including how it spreads and infects individuals as well as how it responds to vaccines. The California Department of Public Health has released a Fact Sheet with the latest updates.
- August 31, 2021 by Ben KissamAfter more than a year of virtual learning, in-person classes are back at APU. Here are some tips to help students thrive as they return to school.
- August 9, 2021As you prepare for campus, here is some important information you will need.
- July 26, 2021 by Madison Folkers and Rachel WhiteDuring the COVID-19 pandemic, APU students demonstrated fortitude and adaptability through their creativity, innovation, and service, all hallmarks of a rich liberal arts education.
- July 20, 2021Updates for the APU community as we prepare to return to campus this fall.
- July 17, 2021The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) announced the reinstatement of a county-wide requirement that all persons, regardless of vaccination status, must wear face coverings while in indoor public settings.
- May 4, 2021We are excited to increase our campus access over the summer months in accordance with state and county guidelines and in preparation for our full Fall 2021 return. Below are many important details regarding our staged return.
- March 30, 2021 by Ben KissamCanvas is an online course management system that supports your academic experience. Here are some tips for using Canvas to boost productivity and help you succeed in your classes at APU.
- March 29, 2021APU’s Student Health Center will host a vaccine clinic with the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine on Thursday, April 1, from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., in Wilden Hall on East Campus. We hope to continue to hold weekly COVID-19 vaccine clinics.
- March 17, 2021We remain excited about our anticipated return for Fall 2021 and encouraged by L.A. County updates about the decline in COVID cases, increase in vaccination rate, and move to the Red Tier. See our current plans related to our Fall 2021 launch.
- March 17, 2021The APU community is eager to return and is looking forward to an anticipated Fall 2021 in-person experience. Events are moving forward in a very positive direction.
- February 23, 2021 by Stephanie ThurrottAPU Telehealth services give you free, round-the-clock access to mental health support, counseling, medical visits, and health coaching.
- February 22, 2021I am pleased to announce that APU intends to return to face-to-face learning in Fall 2021 in alignment with state and county guidelines.
- February 18, 2021 by Heather NelsonAPU nursing graduate Erin Jenkins, MSN ’20, RN, CCRN, has been on the frontlines caring for patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Her nursing studies helped prepare her for navigating the difficulties of nursing in a pandemic.
- January 27, 2021On January 25, the Governor rescinded the State’s Regional Stay at Home Order. As a result, the County of Los Angeles Health Officer reinstated the November 25, County Health Officer Order.