Daniel Doorn, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, Division of Teacher Education
Phone: (626) 815-5371
Fax: (626) 815-5416
Daniel Doorn, Ph.D., is a professor emeritus of APU’s Division of Teacher Education. He has conducted ongoing collaborative research in student self-assessment of growth as readers and writers, children’s discoveries about the process and purpose of writing, and children’s development of nonfiction writing and reading. His community service and research-based study projects have involved the structure and implementation of a summer academic-enrichment writing camp for bilingual children. Doorn’s major long-term study involved ways of expanding and enriching homeschool literacy connections for language minority children and their families.
- Ph.D., Curriculum and Instruction in Multicultural Education, University of New Mexico
- M.A., Applied Linguistics, University of Pittsburgh
- School of Education
- Division of Teacher Education
- Elementary Education
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Reading Assessment and Development
- Writing Process Workshops