Frequently Asked Questions
Do you allow alcohol on campus?
No. Azusa Pacific University is a dry campus. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on campus at any time.
How far in advance should I start planning my event?
We work on a first come, first served basis. Therefore, you should send in your request as soon as possible by filling out the Event Inquiry Form. We advise sending in your request at least three (3) weeks before your event. Certain events and locations on campus have to be approved by other departments.
Note: University facilities are designed primarily for use by Azusa Pacific University students, faculty, and staff, so they will be allotted for use by off-campus groups only after on-campus needs have been met.
How far in advance do you book events?
We do not book events more than a year in advance.
Are we allowed to hold faith-based events on campus?
All faith-based events must be approved by the Church Collaboration Committee prior to confirming your event. Submit your application.
Your group must be supportive of the purpose and mission statement of Azusa Pacific University, and your mission statement and event purpose are required upon request.
How do I table on campus?
There are opportunities for external organizations to table on Cougar Walk or Kresge Plaza through fairs sponsored by specific offices on campus. Fees for tabling may apply to certain fairs. All external organizations must be approved by the appropriate office prior to tabling.
- Career Fair Talent Connect (fall and spring semesters): This event is for any company or organization looking to hire students for internships and jobs. There is a fee associated with participating in the Talent Connect event. Email email@example.com for more information including the fee structure.
- Church Fair (fall semester): External churches who have an active presence in the San Gabriel Valley are welcome to come to the fair in connection with APU Welcome Weekend. Our hope is to connect students to an active church community where they can plug in and become a part of a local Church body. If you are interested in participating, contact Spiritual Life, a division of Student Affairs, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Missionaries on the Walk: This 3-day event opens up space on campus for missionary agencies as well as faith-based nonprofits to come to campus and recruit students for their short-, mid-, and long-term opportunities on or off the mission field. Some of these organizations are Global Engagement Teams, but that is not a prerequisite for coming to campus. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Service Fair (fall and spring semesters): External churches or organizations that have various volunteer service opportunities for students are welcome to come to this fair. Our hope is to connect students to places for them to use their skills, talents, or vocational training to serve in the local community. If you are interested in more ongoing connection with students and service, contact Spiritual Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is it OK to stay in the location of our event longer than we originally requested?
No. This is because 1) we schedule our work according to the times listed in the contract, 2) our employees need adequate time to reset venues for the next event, and 3) so that the next event can begin on time. We ask that you be respectful of the campus and end your event at the time originally reserved for you by the Event Services manager. If you think your event may need more time for setup or cleanup, advise your Event Services manager two (2) weeks prior to your event so the proper arrangements can be made. Otherwise, make sure that your event ends on time and that people leave the venue of your event.
Who should I talk to about making changes to my event?
Contact your Event Services manager for all event changes.
Do you require insurance?
Yes! The group contact person should submit an insurance certificate no less than 90 days prior to your arrival. This certificate is evidence of liability insurance coverage for all of the group’s members, including not less than $1,000,000 bodily injury and $3,000,000 property damage, or single limit coverage of not less than $1,000,000, and must include coverage for sexual molestation and abuse.
APU should be named as an additional insured; the dates of coverage should be the dates of your event, including early arrival for your staff. An insurance rider can usually be provided through an existing business/organizational policy. The group contact person must provide APU immediate notice of any cancellation or modification of the required coverage.
What is your cancellation policy?
All cancellations must be in writing and received by the designated university conference representative 30 days from the contract execution. Deposits are forfeited and applied to the total amount contracted that the conference is financially responsible for.
Do we have to pay for parking?
Azusa Pacific University provides ample parking in close proximity to event spaces; observe the restricted and no-parking signs posted throughout the campus. Event Services is not responsible for any and all parking violations or damages that occur during your stay.
Do you have a curfew or “quiet hours”?
Yes! The city of Azusa enforces a curfew of 10 p.m. for people under age 18. In addition, APU requests that quiet hours be observed from 10 p.m.-7 a.m. in deference to the members of your own group and other groups who may be on campus with you, as well as the surrounding community.
Can I pay for my invoice after the event?
No. Events that are not officially sponsored by the university, even when APU students, faculty, or staff are involved, require full payment of the appropriate fees two (2) weeks prior to the event and must follow the payment schedule accordingly.
What is your policy on programs involving minors?
Read pages 22-34 in our Event Services Handbook for all policies regarding minors.
Do you provide tablecloths for your tables?
Can I request equipment last minute/day of my event?
Last-minute requests disrupt the flow of preplanned work that is already scheduled for the day, which can then affect other events happening on campus. While we will do our best to accommodate you in last-minute situations, we ask that you prepare ahead of time and know exactly what you will need well in advance. Events scheduled within three (3) business days of the event date are subject to a $25 late processing fee.
How many chairs fit around your round tables?
The standard and recommended number is eight (8) chairs per round table.
What should I do with food and trash left over from my event?
Dispose of all trash and materials in designated trash cans at the location of your event. If you know that there will be an excess of trash that the location you are holding your event at cannot handle, request trash cans from us so that we can provide extras for you.
Can I get canopies for my event?
Yes, but these are rented from an off-campus rental company, and any costs will be applied to your Event Services order. Let us know how many you will need, no later than two (2) weeks prior to event, and we will contact and coordinate all the details with the rental company for you. Note that rental items are not guaranteed and are based on availability.
Can we hang signs and/or decorate?
When decorating for your event, keep in mind that the following activities are strictly prohibited:
- Attaching any object to any APU premise by nail, screw, and/or tape. You are allowed to use only painter’s tape and/or Command Strips.
- Altering the layout of any facility by removing or relocating interior and/or exterior furnishings and/or equipment. Only APU Event Services staff are allowed to move furniture. Not all locations can have the furniture moved or removed. Items rearranged in classrooms will result in a $50 reset charge per room.
- Tampering with or altering the sprinkler system. Setting them off or damaging them is cause for further action.
Are we allowed to set up/tear down tables and chairs ourselves to avoid labor charges?
No. Because of insurance concerns (in the occurrence of personal injury or damage to equipment and/or locations), as well as access to some equipment storage locations being restricted, we do not allow customers to set up equipment.
Questions? Call (626) 815-6016 or email email@example.com.