- Tuition charges are considered due on the first day of class.
- Fees are due on the date that they are charged to a student’s account.
Past Due Balances
- A charge is considered “past due” once the due date for the tuition or fee charge passes and the charge remains unpaid.
- A student with a charge that is past due by more than 30 days will not be able to register for classes, receive a diploma, or letters of recommendation.
- Students who have significantly past due charges (more than one term old) on their account may be referred to internal or external collections.
- If a student has a balance that is past due, the student will still be able to attend the classes in which he or she is currently enrolled. APU will not drop a graduate or professional student from an ongoing class due to a past due tuition balance. However, students should note that they will not be able to enroll in future classes until any past due charges have been paid in full.
A student may not participate in graduation ceremonies, register for further sessions, or receive any diploma, certificate, or Degree Verification Letter until all financial obligations (excluding NDSL/Perkins Loans) have been satisfied with a zero balance. Any diploma, certificate, or letter of recommendation shall be retained by the university as a security interest until all such obligations are satisfied. Release of any such security interest prior, or subsequent to, any default by the debtors shall not be considered a binding precedent or modification of this policy.
The university reserves the right to make any changes in costs, payment plans, and refund policies without notice.
At this time, APU does not offer graduate or professional students the option of enrolling in a pre-established payment plan. Students who are not able to pay in full at the time of registration should apply for private student loans to facilitate the structuring of payment for schooling expenses over a length of time.
Students with an outstanding balance will receive a monthly email from CASHNet directing them to view their balance online.