All new undergraduate students (including new transfer students) and all new international students, must:
- Submit proof of having received two MMR vaccines in their lifetime AND
- Complete the TB Screening Questionnaire (international students should have either the TB Gold blood test or the TB skin test completed).
Failure to provide these records will result in a hold being placed on your student account so you will not be able to register for classes. For instructions on how to upload your immunization information, visit the MyCougar Health Student Portal. You can also view step-by-step instructions with screenshots.
Required Tuberculosis Screening:
Please select one of the three options below:
- Complete the TB Screening Questionnaire located on the MyCougar Health Student Portal under the Forms tab, OR
- IGRA blood test (TB Gold or T Spot) within 12 months of starting classes (this is the best option for international students) OR
- TB skin test (PPD) within 12 months of starting classes
- Tetanus booster within the last 10 years (Tdap preferred over Td)
- Hepatitis B: Series of 3 shots
- Meningitis: For incoming freshmen and those living in the dorms or in close contact, there are two types of meningitis vaccines to consider, since they cover different strains of meningitis.
- Serogroup B (Trumenba or Bexsero)
- Serogroup A, C, W, Y (Menactra or Menveo)
Veterans Service Records:
- In order to obtain health records, including vaccination records, visit the Veterans Service Records website and fill out the necessary information.
In addition to the immunizations mentioned above, the Student Health Center also offers travel immunizations to students, faculty, and staff who are traveling abroad.