Incoming Students

All new undergraduate students (including new transfer students) and all new international students, must:

  1. Submit proof to the MyCougar Health Portal of having received two MMR vaccines. Input the dates on the Immunization page and then upload the document on the Upload page; AND
  2. Complete the TB Screening Questionnaire, which is on the Forms page of the MyCougar Health Portal (international students should have either the TB Gold blood test or the TB skin test completed).

Failure to provide these records will result in a hold being placed on your student account so you will not be able to register for classes.

Recommended Vaccinations

  • Tetanus booster within the last 10 years (Tdap preferred over Td)
  • Hepatitis B: Series of 3 shots
  • Meningitis: For incoming freshmen and those living in the dorms or in close contact, there are two types of meningitis vaccines to consider, since they cover different strains of meningitis.
    • Serogroup B (Trumenba or Bexsero)
    • Serogroup A, C, W, Y (Menactra or Menveo)
Fall 2020 Vaccination Requirements for Students On Campus

In compliance with the Los Angeles County Public Health Department order, all students living on campus and/or coming onto campus for face-to-face classes, participating in clinical rotations, or taking part in internships are required to get the 2020-21 flu vaccine. Failure to provide proof of vaccination will result in a hold being placed on the student account due to noncompliance. Medical waivers will be considered by the Student Health Center Chief Medical Officer by appointment only.

Veterans Service Records

  • In order to obtain health records, including vaccination records, visit the Veterans Service Records website and fill out the necessary information.

Travel Immunizations

In addition to the immunizations mentioned above, the Student Health Center also offers travel immunizations to students, faculty, and staff who are traveling abroad.

Make an Appointment

Full Menu