Azusa Pacific University welcomes the opportunity to work with the news media. However, in order to ensure the privacy of our students, faculty, staff, and guests, news media must obtain permission from the university to gain access to the campus.
APU’s media relations team helps arrange visits, interviews, and photo opportunities. We strive to make your interaction with APU as efficient, well informed, and interesting as possible.
In order to provide you with the access and information you need, we request that you contact us one week prior to your visit. The sooner you contact us, the better access we can provide and the more we can enhance your visit. We understand that deadlines may be tight and will make every effort to work with you. This policy also applies to filming and photography requests. In addition, the media relations team can provide current photographs of the campus, faculty members, and staff via email.
The media is not allowed access to the campus (this includes residence halls and living areas, classrooms, chapels, labs, administration buildings, etc.) without prior permission. To request a visit or for more information, please contact Maureen Taylor, executive director of strategic communication, at (626) 815-4510, or Rachel White, associate director of public relations, at (626) 815-4502.
Members of the faculty and staff are free to respond to requests from the media regarding their research, scholarship, or professional expertise. However, we advise that you first contact the media relations team so that we can provide further background, current or more relevant contact information, and additional experts if your first choice is unavailable or if you are seeking a broader expert base. Since our expert directory is constantly updated and supplemented, the media relations team may be able to refer you to an expert who might better serve your needs.
Faculty, staff, and students at APU reserve the right to not speak with the media. To contact an expert or for more information, please contact Maureen Taylor, executive director of strategic communication, at (626) 815-4510, or Rachel White, associate director of public relations, at (626) 815-4502.
In the event of a major crisis at APU, the news media should contact Maureen Taylor, executive director of strategic communication, at (626) 815-4510, or Rachel White, associate director of public relations, at (626) 815-4502. For the safety of students, faculty, staff, and guests, the media must adhere to visitation guidelines. This will also ensure that media representatives can obtain up-to-date information, which will enable them to fulfill their assignments.
Why do we have these guidelines?
- To protect the privacy rights of our students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- To ensure that faculty permission be granted and uninvited visitors prohibited from entering their classrooms, labs, studios, offices, etc., and disrupting the learning environment.
- To meet the expectations of undergraduates (many of whom are minors) that their residence halls, dorm rooms, and dining and recreation areas are not available to the public.
- To secure the right of students, faculty, staff, and guests to provide or deny prior permission before being filmed or photographed.
- To provide a safe and secure environment even in the case of an emergency or crisis.
- To expedite the media relations team’s ability to serve the media well by establishing contact with field representatives, facilitating the gathering of relevant information, and arranging contacts to achieve media goals.