Lane Scott, Ph.D.
Lane Scott, Ph.D., is a professor of theology and ethics in the Graduate School of Theology. Scott's course objectives always include the students’ growth in faith together with academic achievements. During his more than four decades at Azusa Pacific University, Scott has provided leadership in a variety of positions, most recently as interim dean of the Graduate School of Theology and as interim associate provost of APU. He was a founding member of the Graduate School of Theology's faculty and is a member of the Wesleyan Theological Society and the American Academy of Religion. In addition, Scott is the author of scholarly articles on faith and ethics.
- Ph.D., Emory University
- M.A., Emory University
- B.D., Asbury Theological Seminary
- B.A., Asbury College
- Ordained by The United Methodist Church, Texas Conference
- School of Theology
- Azusa Pacific Seminary
- Christian ethics
- Church History
- GTHE 503 – History of the Early and Medieval Church
- GTHE 505 – Christian Ethics
- GTHE 513 – History of the Modern Church
- GTHE 615 – Church and Society
- GTHE 625 – Seminar in Christian Ethics