Rico Vitz, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Department of Philosophy
Phone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 5813
Rico Vitz, Ph.D., is professor and chair of the Department of Philosophy and the executive vice president/treasurer of the Hume Society. He is the author of Reforming the Art of Living: Nature, Virtue, and Religion in Descartes’s Epistemology (Springer, 2014), co-editor of The Ethics of Belief (Oxford, 2014), and the editor of Turning East: Contemporary Philosophers and the Ancient Christian Faith (St. Vladimir’s Seminary Press, 2012). His work has appeared in The Oxford Handbook of Hume (Oxford, 2016), Journal of the History of Philosophy, The Modern Schoolman, Journal of Philosophical Research, Hume Studies, and Christian Bioethics. He recently edited a special edition of Res Philosophica on “Ethical and Religious Themes in Humean Philosophy.” In fall 2016, he was a research fellow at Biola University’s Center for Christian Thought.
- Ph.D., University of California, Riverside
- M.S., University of Utah
- B.A., California State University, Dominguez Hills
- School of Theology
- Department of Philosophy
- HUM 324 – Humanities Seminar IV: Great Ideas
- PHIL 220 – Introduction to Philosophy
- PHIL 320 – History of Early Modern Philosophy
- PHIL 330 – Ethics
- PHIL 495 – Seminar in Philosophy