Rico Vitz, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Department of Philosophy
Phone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 5813
Rico Vitz, Ph.D., is Professor and Chair of the Department of Philosophy at Azusa Pacific University. He is the author of Reforming the Art of Living: Nature, Virtue, and Religion in Descartes's Epistemology, co-editor of Hume's Moral Philosophy and Contemporary Psychology and of The Ethics of Belief: Individual and Social, and the editor of Turning East: Contemporary Philosophers and the Ancient Christian Faith. His work has appeared in The Oxford Handbook of David Hume, Journal of the History of Philosophy, American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly, Hume Studies, Faith & Philosophy, The Modern Schoolman, Journal of Philosophical Research, and Christian Bioethics. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the Society of Christian Philosophers and served as the Executive Vice President-Treasurer of the Hume Society (2014-2018).
- Ph.D., University of California, Riverside
- M.S., University of Utah
- B.A., California State University, Dominguez Hills
- School of Theology
- Department of Philosophy
- HUM 324 - Humanities Seminar IV: Great Ideas
- PHIL 252 - Classical Chinese Ethics
- PHIL 320 - History of Early Modern Philosophy
- PHIL 330 - Ethics
- PHIL 360 - Social and Political Debates
- PHIL 364 - Bioethics
- PHIL 450 - Special Topics in Ethics