1. What are Welcome Days?
Welcome Days are a personal introduction into the APU community for new students to help discover the people and resources needed to connect and thrive in APU’s Christ-centered academic community.
2. Am I required to attend Welcome Days?
Yes! Welcome Days are required for all new students. Attending Welcome Days is essential for all new APU students to learn how they can thrive at APU during this significant transition.
3. How will I connect and meet other students during Welcome Days with remote format?
Each new student will be placed in an Alpha group, which is a small group of new students led by a current student to guide, support, and help make connections during the first semester at APU. New students will have the opportunity to meet other students right away in order to ease their transition to APU, especially during this unique Fall 2020 semester. Alpha group assignments will be provided during the event.
4. How do I register for Welcome Days?
All new students must register for Welcome Day. You can register with your new student APU NetID login information for Welcome Day by visiting apu.edu/welcome-days/registration and completing the registration form.
5. Do I need to register for Welcome Days?
Yes! Our Welcome Days Planning Team wants to ensure we send all new students and guests a welcome kit with the correct t-shirt sizes, so please make sure you register by Wednesday, August 12th in order to receive on time.
6. Do I need to register again if I already registered for Welcome Days prior to the shift to remote learning?
No, your Welcome Days registration is complete.
7. I am an Honors College student. How can I get more information about Honors Orientation?
Honors College students receive specific information via email from the Honors College. Please email email@example.com for further information.
8. If a guest registered for on-campus Welcome Days, what is the refund process?
If you registered an additional guest(s), you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org following up about your refund. Refunds will be processed by August 10.
9. How can I add guests after I (student) register for Welcome Days?
For any changes to your Welcome Days registration, please email email@example.com for assistance.
10. Can I purchase additional “I Heart APU” T-shirts?
Yes! You can purchase at the APU Bookstore.
11. What if I have questions not found on this page?
Call (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2549, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any and all additional questions that you may have regarding Welcome Days.