Help Others Thrive with a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
Bachelor of Social Work
APU’s Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) gives students professional knowledge and skills through hands-on learning experiences to work in settings such as hospitals, schools, adoption agencies, domestic violence shelters, and mental health agencies, and with at-risk youth, those with disabilities, and more. Social work majors also gain tangible work experience through a structured 400-hour supervised senior year internship program.
Students get to learn and grow within a nationally accredited program featuring a faith-integration approach, which includes courses that incorporate service-learning components. Coursework can include areas such as grant writing, family violence, addiction, mental health, criminal justice, and international social work.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a social work major if you:
- Are dissatisfied with the status quo and want to change society for the better
- Enjoy helping people help themselves through personal interactions
- Are passionate about social justice issues
- Seek a vast array of job opportunities and career advancement
- Are interested in earning a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree