About the Program
Physical therapists’ newly acquired autonomy carries with it serious responsibility. This growing force of health care providers represents a substantial aspect of patient care and stands poised to exert significant influence over the current health care delivery systems. To prepare the nation’s leading physical therapists, APU’s Department of Physical Therapy:
- Hires the industry’s best faculty members with extensive experience in both clinical and academic arenas.
- Balances didactic and clinical-based education, integrating evidenced-based critical thinking into every aspect.
- Focuses on sound basic scientific theory and clinical research in the dynamic role of physical therapy.
- Engages students in firsthand experience opportunities to complement rigorous study and research.
- Integrates all course work and clinical experience with a Christian worldview
- Promotes a holistic approach to physical therapy that cares for the spiritual well-being of clients.
- Integrates the use of technology—such as apps and iPad-based instruction—into the classroom.
Graduates of APU’s Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program:
- Gain advanced clinical skills for optimum patient care.
- Qualify for leadership positions in hospitals, private clinics, sports clinics, rehabilitation centers, business and industry, pain clinics, school systems, government agencies, home and community health care programs, academic programs, and research projects.
- Build a strong foundation for postprofessional specializations in areas such as orthopedics, neurology, cardiopulmonology, clinical electrophysiology, pediatrics, geriatrics, and sports medicine.
- Provide for the medical and spiritual needs of the community as service-oriented practitioners who value human worth and seek to advance total patient care.
This information is provided in compliance with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) Student Outcomes regulation.
|Graduation Year||Graduation Rate|
|Graduation Year||Percent Employed Within 6 Months of Passing NPTE|
NPTE Pass Rate Data
|Graduation Year||Ultimate Pass Rate for Graduation Year|
Note: This information is current for the 2018-19 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.