Help Children and Families in Times of Stress with a Child Life Degree
Child life specialists are allied health care professionals who support children and their families facing challenging experiences, particularly traumatic medical situations. Azusa Pacific University’s master’s in child life program prepares men and women for this special role, utilizing advanced academic preparation and hands-on experiences within a framework of Christian compassion.
- Flexible scheduling, with start times in spring and fall
- Advanced Standing option for Certified Child Life Specialists (CCLS) with a B.A. or B.S. degree, as well as individuals who have successfully completed the 600 required internship hours.
- Housed in the Department of Psychology, which emphasizes research and therapeutic skills
- Can be completed in only 18 months, saving you time and money
- Welcoming environment grounded in a Christian worldview
School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2017 rankings, placing at No. 183 in Tier One of the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2017 Best Colleges in the West, Forbes ranked APU among the best schools in the nation for 2017, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2017, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their education dreams.
Note: This information is current for the 2018-19 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.