Hone Your Skills as a Creative, Innovative Leader with a Master’s in Leadership
Experience a leadership degree like no other. Today’s leaders need to be agile and innovative, ready to adapt to changes within teams, in the workplace, and in culture. With Azusa Pacific’s Master of Arts in Leadership program, you will move beyond theory and dive into a human-centered approach to solving the complex challenges leaders face.
This interdisciplinary degree equips leaders with skills and tools that can be applied across a variety of vocations and fields. With a focus on character, creativity, curiosity, and innovation grounded in a framework of Christian values, you will explore what being a leader means to you, and how you can hone your skills to help others thrive. Throughout the program, you will:
- Discover various dimensions of leadership character as it pertains to the individual, team, and enterprise.
- Design strategic leadership initiatives through curiosity, inquiry, and experimentation.
- Develop relevant skills and tools needed to lead a changing leadership landscape with creativity and agility.
- Deliver innovative solutions to complex leadership and organizational challenges.
Innovative, Hands-On Learning
Using a Design Thinking model, the M.A. in Leadership faculty worked with employers and leaders to discover what today’s leaders need to succeed and respond to challenges facing teams and organizations in the 21st century. As a result, the program’s curriculum centers on application, collaboration, and experiential learning opportunities such as Design Thinking and LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®. You’ll be able to immediately apply coursework within any organization you desire to influence.
Sit in on a special LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® workshop with LSP master trainer Robert Rasmussen in this 360˚ video.
Designed for Working Professionals
- Full- and part-time program options; you can complete the program in as little as 10 months
- Evening classes, including some online options
- Focus on personal leadership transformation in addition to developing skills to lead in an organization
- Immediately apply learning to the workplace with projects designed to integrate with real-life experiences
APU also offers an M.S. in Organizational Psychology for individuals looking to support organizations working through complex challenges. Compare these two programs.
School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2019 rankings, and also ranked No. 22 for First-Year Experience, No. 23 in Service Learning, and No. 31 in Campus Ethnic Diversity. In addition, Forbes and The Princeton Review included Azusa Pacific in their America’s Top Colleges 2019 and 2020 Best Western Colleges rankings, respectively. Azusa Pacific is also a military-friendly Yellow Ribbon University, serving more than 500 military-connected students and families, and is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an R2 Doctoral Research University.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.