Frequently Asked Questions
How do I track a package for my department?
When your department has a need to track an inbound package, please contact Mail Services at Ext. 5002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be prepared to provide us with the tracking number, carrier, and shipment date for the package. If the package you are looking for was mailed via the United States Postal Service (USPS) and does not have a tracking number, unfortunately we will not be able to assist you in locating your package.
How much does a stamp cost?
Current pricing for a first-class stamp is 55 cents, and 35 cents for a postcard.
When can I expect to receive my mail each day?
U.S. Postal Service (USPS) mail arrives from the Azusa Post Office at approx 8:30 a.m. daily. Depending on the volume received, mail is then placed in each unit box and should be available by 11 a.m. Mail not addressed correctly will have a delay of one day.
UPS packages arrive at approximately 11:30 a.m. and FedEx Ground packages at about 3:30 p.m. Again, the volume received influences when email notifications are sent. As a reminder, your ID is required to pick up all packages from the Mail Services - East window.
No UPS or FedEx deliveries are made on Saturdays.
Can I mail packages from campus?
Yes. University Mail Services offers virtually all of the services that are available at any post office. Mail Services - East can process USPS Priority Mail packages, FedEx, and UPS packages.
I lost my unit box key. What do I do?
Please let the staff at Mail Services - East know so we can issue you a new key. The fee is $25 to replace a lost key.
When can my mail be forwarded?
- When you graduate or leave APU (available for six months only)
- When you leave campus for summer break
- When you study abroad at Yosemite, Bass Lake. Please contact us immediately if you will be attending the Bass Lake campus.
When and what mail cannot be forwarded?
- Christmas Break
- Easter Break
- Any study abroad address other than Yosemite, Bass Lake
- Packages that arrive via UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc.
How can I get my mail forwarded?
Fill out the Student Information Form to have your mail forwarded. Please do not go to the U.S. Post Office with your forwarding information. APU is responsible for forwarding all mail for our students, staff, and faculty.
What do I do with my key while I’m away from campus?
- Summer break or studying abroad for a semester: You are required to keep and be responsible for your mail key.
- Leaving or graduating from APU: You are required to return your key and close your box.