Harness the Power of Big Data with an Applied Statistics Master’s Degree
From Google to the government, from health care to automotive manufacturing, almost every sphere of society increasingly relies on data to make important decisions and improve effectiveness. Azusa Pacific’s Master of Science in Applied Statistics and Analytics equips you for success in a rapidly growing field by providing a well-rounded education, preparing you for leadership in statistician or analyst roles.
Designed to prepare you for data analysis positions in a variety of fields and industries, the applied statistics master's program provides a foundation in statistical methods and theory paired with practical experiences for applying those methods. Further, Azusa Pacific’s Christian perspective allows the unique opportunity to learn how faith and ethics inform data analysis and can impact decision making for major corporations and agencies. The choice of two emphases—biostatistics or business analytics—allows you to customize your education experience with the advanced skills you need for your specific career goals.
Choose to focus your degree by selecting an emphasis in either biostatistics or business analytics to prepare for careers in these fields.
Need to refresh your skills in calculus or linear algebra before starting the program? We are offering two, 1-unit fundamentals courses, MATH 199 and MATH 299, during the five-week summer session prior to the fall semester. Learn more by contacting an admissions representative at (626) 815-4570 or email@example.com.
- Complete the 33-unit program at your own pace with part-time and full-time options; finish in two years with full-time enrollment.
- A well-rounded program offers courses in theory and methodology as well as how to apply those methodologies in diverse settings, fully preparing you for numerous career paths.
- Choose a biostatistics or business analytics emphasis, with multiple electives to support each track.
- Develop proficiency with statistical software programs such as SAS, R, and Tableau, further increasing your marketability to future employers.
- Address the important ethical issues underlying data analysis from a Christian perspective on faith and ethics in the field.
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.