APU’s Bachelor of Science in Chemistry major equips students to explore the chemical foundations of our world. The degree provides a solid foundation in general, organic, inorganic, analytical, and physical chemistry; quantitative and instrumental analysis; physics; and calculus. These then provide a framework for in-depth study of advanced chemistry concepts and related fields such as thermodynamics, kinetics, quantum mechanics, biochemistry, synthesis, and more.
Chemistry majors have access to state-of-the-art equipment in the new Segerstrom Science Center, including a nuclear magnetic resonance lab. With this resource and many others, students develop expert problem-solving skills and the ability to work at the interface between chemistry, biology, and physics.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a chemistry major if you:
- Are thorough, process oriented, and detail oriented.
- Wonder why the universe works the way it does.
- Enjoy science and math.
- Like to figure out how things work.
- Wish to explore a Christian's role in the scientific community.
- Enjoy the hands-on experience of a laboratory.
Learn more about this major.