Prepare for Physical or Occupational Therapy School
If you plan to apply to physical therapy or occupational therapy (PT/OT) school, APU’s pre-PT/OT track is designed to support you in your career goals. After completing five foundational courses, you will be eligible for application to this track, which familiarizes you with the physical and occupational therapy school admission process (PTCAS/OTCAS) through personalized, step-by-step advising and mock interview preparation with APU’s pre-PT/OT committee. You will also have the opportunity to receive a committee letter in support of your physical or occupational therapy school application.
Wondering what you should major in? The Bachelor of Arts in Allied Health program is specifically designed for you to fulfill the PT/OT graduate program requirements without any need for additional coursework. Learn more about the pre-PT/OT track sequence.
Is This Program Right for You?
You should apply for the pre-PT/OT track if you’re interested in:
- Pursuing a career as a physical therapist or occupational therapist.
- Opportunities to participate in clinical programs at local clinics and to go on medical mission trips to places such as Mexico, India, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic.
- Focused academic advising to prepare you for physical or occupational therapy school and the GRE.
- Mentorship from a licensed physical therapist that will walk with you through the PTCAS/OTCAS process.
- Preparation for grad school interviews via a mock interview with the pre-PT/OT committee.
- Assistance in preparing your personal statement for your application and the opportunity to receive a committee letter.
High School Advanced Preparation
Preparation for physical or occupational therapy school can begin as early as high school. Learn more about what precollege classes you can take to prepare early for your PT/OT career.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.