What should I do if I feel sick?
If you feel sick, stay home! Do not go to class or work. Obtain a COVID-19 test. If it is positive, let the Student Health Center (SHC) know via the MyCougar Health Symptom Tracker.
How do I get a COVID-19 test?
- You may obtain your own free test kits from:
- Your own insurance company (8 per month).
- The SHC has free COVID-19 testing M-F, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-4 p.m.
- Regional campuses have self-test kits available (PCR send-out tests) during normal business hours. Most locations have the test kits in the front office, but San Diego has them in Suite 300.
- Paws ’N Go has rapid test kits for purchase.
How long do I isolate if I test positive?
Those who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate for 10 days from symptom onset. If you test negative after day 5, you may end isolation early. Students may test themselves to end isolation early, during days 6-10. If an employee wants to do so, they need to take a picture of the negative test and send it to the SHC at [email protected].
What if I have been exposed to COVID-19?
- If you have an exposure and are NOT a healthcare worker, no quarantine is needed. Test anytime on days 3-5 and consider wearing a mask for 10 days. Employees should do the same, but a mask is required for 10 days after the exposure when around others.
- If you are a healthcare worker and have an exposure and are fully vaccinated and boosted, no quarantine is needed. If you are not vaccinated, let the SHC know via MyCougar Health Symptom Tracker.
Are there mask requirements on campus?
Masks are required only in the SHC and on public transportation and are voluntary in classrooms.