Undergraduate Transfer Students Admissions Requirements
The following admission requirements apply to students who have graduated from high school and earned more than 28 units of college credit. Transfer students with less than 28 units earned at the time of applying need to submit additional information.
Apply Online | Download Application (PDF)
- Completed application for admission, Statement of Agreement with Institutional Policy, and Personal Statement
- Official college transcripts
- The applicant is responsible for requesting that official transcripts1 be sent from each college from which he/she has attended (or is currently attending) to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Mail your official transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
- All international applicants must provide proof of English proficiency; review APU’s English proficiency requirements for ways to prove English proficiency without a TOEFL or IELTS score. For a TOEFL score report, use APU’s school code of 4596 to request that the report be sent to APU; note: the score is valid for only two years.
- See tuition and fees.
Transfer credits will be evaluated by the Student Services Center | Undergraduate Registrar. At the time of application, submission of official course descriptions is necessary. The maximum number of transferable units into APU is 70 units from a junior college and 90 units from a university. The evaluation will be done on a course-by-course basis. Students will be required to take a minimum of 30 semester units at APU, including 15 upper-division units in their field of study. Courses graded lower than a C (on a U.S. scale) will not be transferable to APU.
APU does not require a specific set of college courses or a minimum amount of units completed prior to applying; however, it is in the best interest of the transfer applicant to follow the General Education Guidelines of suggested courses while enrolled at another institution.
Use the Transferology website to find out which of your previous college courses will transfer to APU. After signing up, simply enter your coursework information and see if APU has matching classes for which credit may be awarded.
- Official transcripts are sealed by the high school or college and mailed directly or hand-carried to Azusa Pacific University. ↵