Prepare for Licensure with APU’s Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Certificate
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Post-Master’s Certificate is designed as a non-degree course credit option for nurses with a master’s degree in nursing. This program promotes primary health care skills through didactic education and clinical supervision, which prepares the nurse for licensure by the state of California and for national certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduates may apply for national certification through examination by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and may be eligible for California advanced practice certification.
- The program is designed for the working professional, offering evening lectures and customized clinical experiences.
- Students may enroll part-time and take advantage of summer courses.
- Clinical experiences include health care services for diverse cultural/ethnic groups, the poor, the underserved, and the homeless.
- Students may receive traineeships (partial tuition reimbursement) when available through a federal grant.
- Students receive personalized attention in a supportive Christian environment from faculty who are experienced as clinical nurse specialists or nurse practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Financial aid is available through scholarships and loans.
The nursing programs at APU are challenging and respected in the professional field. When my teacher prayed for us all on my first day of class, I cried. It is amazing to study with like-minded people who integrate their faith into the learning process.Rebecca Gagne Henderson, MSN, FNP, and PNHospice Nurse, Pasadena, CA
School of Nursing Accreditation
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master‘s degree in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice at Azusa Pacific University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The traditional baccalaureate nursing program, upper division transfer (2+2/LVN to BSN) programs, entry-level master‘s program, and the nurse practitioner program are approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Azusa Pacific University (APU) is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- Students may be given transfer credits for previous content completed in a master’s degree program. ↵