Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care Certificate is designed as a non-degree course credit option for nurses with a master’s degree in nursing.* This certificate promotes primary health care skills through didactic education and clinical supervision, which prepares the nurse for licensure by the state of California and for national certification as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
*Students may be given transfer credits for previous content completed in a master’s degree program.
- Graduates may apply for national certification through examination by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and may be eligible for California advanced practice certification.
- The program is designed for the working professional, offering evening lectures and customized clinical experiences.
- Students may enroll part-time and take advantage of summer courses.
- Clinical experiences include health care services for diverse cultural/ethnic groups, the poor, the underserved, and the homeless.
- Students may receive traineeships (partial tuition reimbursement) when available through a federal grant.
- Students receive personalized attention in a supportive Christian environment from faculty who are experienced as clinical nurse specialists or nurse practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Financial aid is available through scholarships and loans.
APU understands that health care and spiritual care go hand in hand, that a patient is a person with a soul. I see this exemplary level of care modeled in the classroom as professors integrate Christian faith into every aspect of the program. The relationships built during my time at APU spill over into my career and translate into more complete, compassionate care for my patients.Lori Lion, PNPPediatric Hematology and Oncology Nurse, Duarte, CA
School of Nursing Accreditation
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master‘s degree in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice at Azusa Pacific University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The traditional baccalaureate nursing program, upper division transfer (2+2/LVN to BSN) programs, entry-level master‘s program, and the nurse practitioner program are approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Azusa Pacific University (APU) is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).