Help Ease the Effects of Mental Illness
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (
- Students may receive a PMHNP stipend in addition to many other financial aid opportunities, such as scholarships and loans.
- Graduates may apply for national certification through examination by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and may be eligible for certain California certifications.
- The program is designed for the working professional, offering evening lectures and customized clinical experiences.
- Students may enroll part-time and take advantage of summer courses.
- Clinical experiences include primary health care and psychiatric mental health care on a continuum of community to hospital-based services for diverse cultural/ethnic groups, the poor, the underserved, and the homeless.
- The curriculum integrates theory and practice, and promotes the values of consumer-based wellness, resilience, and recovery.
- Students receive personalized attention in a supportive Christian environment from faculty who are experienced as clinical nurse specialists or nurse practitioners in a variety of settings.
School of Nursing Accreditation
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master‘s degree in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice at Azusa Pacific University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The traditional baccalaureate nursing program, upper-division transfer (2+2/LVN to BSN) programs, entry-level master‘s program, and the nurse practitioner program are approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Azusa Pacific University (APU) is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program, visit Gainful Employment Disclosure.
Note: This information is current for the 2018-19 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.
- Students may be given transfer credits for previous content completed in a master’s degree program. ↵