Frequently Asked Questions

General Program Questions

Do you have job placement programs for graduates?
Our on-campus Center for Career and Calling in Azusa helps current students and alumni find jobs, obtain interviews, write résumés, etc. The center also hosts events throughout the year, including the annual career fair each spring to help students and employers connect. You can read more about Center for Career and Calling at

Please also note that our academic departments help with job placement. For instance, if you were a business student, our School of Business and Management faculty and staff would utilize their networks to help you find a job that fits your goals. Given a low student-to-faculty ratio, we are also able to capitalize on relationships that faculty have with local organizations.

University College

Are the University College programs accredited?
Yes. They are regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). You can read more about the university’s accreditation at

Graduate Programs

Are Bible classes required for graduate students?
No. Azusa Pacific University is an evangelical Christian community of disciples and scholars who seek to advance the work of God in the world through academic excellence in liberal arts and professional programs of higher education that encourage students to develop a Christian perspective of truth and life. As such, a Christian worldview is incorporated into each class within the graduate program, but graduate students are not required to take Bible classes in addition to the required classes for a program.

Application Process

I am interested in applying to the university. What does the application for admission entail and how would I apply?
You can apply to the university's programs online by going to and selecting your program of interest. From here, you can apply to our traditional undergraduate, graduate, international student, or University College programs.

You can also request a printed application online at or call the university at (800) 825-5278 to request one to be mailed to you.

How soon can I start?
The application process should begin as soon as possible. Because one can encounter unanticipated obstacles, it is recommended to start your application at least six weeks prior to the beginning of a term to ensure that all the pieces can be processed. If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact the regional campus you wish to attend.


How much is tuition for graduate and University College’s undergraduate programs?

The total cost of attendance for one year depends on the program. For general tuition and fees for graduate (master’s and doctoral) degrees, not including any scholarships or financial aid, please go to

Visit for more information on financial aid.

For information regarding the cost of University College’s undergraduate programs, please contact University College at (855) 276-8669 or visit

I am interested in applying for financial aid. What programs offer financial aid?

Graduate Students
Graduate Students are able to obtain financial aid in the form of employment, loans, grants, and scholarships. In order to serve the large number of students who need financial assistance, the university coordinates various elements of each student’s financial aid program. This “packaging” approach may include assistance from two or more financial aid sources. The university’s goal is to award all applicants the maximum scholarship, grant, and loan dollars for which they qualify, given restrictions on the availability of funds, institutional policies, and federal guidelines.

Types of financial aid for graduate students include the Federal Stafford Loan, Cal Grants, graduate fellowships, and other alternative loans. Other loans and grants are available to students in education, nursing, and theology. Please contact your graduate student account counselor to obtain more information, and visit Graduate Student Financial Services.

University College Students
What financial paperwork do I need to turn in before starting the program?
To begin the program you must complete and submit your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).

When do I have to start paying back the loan?

Repayment of loans begins six months after dropping below half time, withdrawing from school, or finishing the program. Loans can be deferred as long as you are enrolled half time or more in school.

Do I only borrow once for the whole program?

You may borrow in every aid year in which you are eligible.

What is your payment plan option?

University College does not currently offer a payment plan. All charges must be paid (either by financial aid or credit card) prior to the start of each semester.

Visit to read about the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.


How is APU ranked compared to other colleges and universities?

APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report and as one of the Best in the West by The Princeton Review.

Is your school affiliated with a church or denomination?

Azusa Pacific University is an evangelical, Christian university committed to God First and excellence in higher education. As part of that commitment, APU maintains strong ties with the Brethren in Christ Church; the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana); the Free Methodist Church; the Missionary Church; the Friends Church; the Wesleyan Church; and The Salvation Army.

Faculty, staff, and students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and a number of different denominations, and we accept students of all denominations, as the university is interdenominational.

What are APU’s accreditations?

APU’s accreditations include:

View a complete list of APU’s accreditations and memberships.