News Archive (2020)
- October 22, 2020 by Ben KissamFor some students, office hours can seem overwhelming. But here’s why you should be taking advantage of your professor’s online office hours.
- September 21, 2020Tony Bancroft, assistant professor and program director of APU's Bachelor of Arts in Animation and Visual Effect, was recently interviewed by the Christian Post about his new project, Red Shoes, an animated, modern retelling of Snow White.
- May 27, 2020“One of the reasons why they chose the synthetics storyline is because it’s about othering,” theorizes Dr. Thomas Parham III, author of Hailing Frequencies Open: Communication in Star Trek: The Next Generation. “It’s all about othering.”
- May 27, 2020The CG children’s fantasy, directed by Tony Bancroftand, Scott Christan Sava, concerns a magical box of cookies coming to the rescue of a rundown circus.Voice work by John Krasinski,Emily Blunt, and the work of character designer Carter Goodrich.
- May 19, 2020Making up lost time during the COVID-19 pandemic
- March 3, 2020 by Stephanie ThurrottHoning your storytelling skills as part of your major can prepare you for storytelling careers in a range of fields, from marketing to ministry.
- February 13, 2020Jesse Negron. The man. The myth. The enigma...no longer. In this exclusive interview with APU Cinema, our beloved professor reveals his aptitude for Oscar predictions, favorite stuff to watch (and why), and insights about his career and teaching.
- January 30, 2020This week, we sat down with Jaye Beekhuis, a junior at Azusa Pacific University in Cinematic Arts working toward a double major in Screenwriting and Honors Humanities.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.