News Archive (2019)
- December 3, 2019The film review below is overtly and shamelessly negative toward a movie that has been generally very well received. But that's all the more reason for a dissenting view, right?!
- November 21, 2019A small group of APU students (and one very lucky professor) had the opportunity to visit the Landmark Theater in L.A. for a free showing of Making Waves: The Art of Cinematic Sound.
- November 12, 2019This is an editorial piece, of sorts, by our own Professor Zach Cheney. Dr. Cheney is a shameless proponent of film history, global cinema, and truly great films...which are literally the only ways that he compares to Martin Scorsese.
- October 30, 2019Jon Chu, (director of Crazy Rich Asians, among a multitude of other movies). It would be safe to say I had trouble breathing when I got the news he was selected as my mentor.
- October 24, 2019James has animated characters on movies that I have watched since before I can remember, and who knew these films would have impacted me as much as they did! Who Framed Rodger Rabbit, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, The Prince of Egypt, and...
- October 11, 2019Learn more about Parham's recent publication.
- October 2, 2019We have a problem in the Department of Cinematic Arts: we have too many students doing amazing things and not enough space in which to tell the world about them.
- September 13, 2019Disney director John Musker visited APU’s campus for the Cinematic Arts First Mondays event. His legendary director credits include Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Moana, The Princess and The Frog, Treasure Planet, Hercules, and ...
- September 9, 2019For our first "What's Your Story?" APU Cinema student profile, we interviewed senior Jordan Williams. Jordan is currently director of the senior capstone film Grove Street. Zach Cheney sat down (via email) with Jordan and asked him a few questions...
- September 2, 2019As a non-gamer, I’ll put this in first-person speak. I won’t pretend to know what I’m talking about when it comes to Super Rash Bros, Immortal Kombat, or Connect Four (I know a little about that last one).
- April 8, 2019 by Nathan FosterAPU alumnus E. Trent Thompson began a project called "Pictures 4 People" five months ago. He has painted six people, including four homeless individuals. Proceeds from the paintings go to local nonprofits, connecting the community in profound ways.
- March 11, 2019 by Nathan FosterTony Bancroft, director of APU’s Animation and Visual Effects program, brought 23 APU students to the 46th Annual Annie Awards to guest host celebrities of the animation world.
- February 15, 2019 by Micaela Ricaforte '20Beginning fall 2019, students can enroll in Azusa Pacific’s new Games and Interactive Media major. Students will learn to build various types of games from a well-rounded curriculum that integrates narrative, game mechanics, art, sound, and more.
- February 13, 2019Produced by APU alumnus LP Leung, The Jade Pendant tells the tragic love story of two Chinese immigrants living in Los Angeles’ Chinatown in 1871.
- January 30, 2019 by Abigail ReedAzusa Pacific University’s Department of Theater Arts celebrates several recent successes within the BFA in Acting for the Stage and Screen, as the program gains national and international recognition.
- January 24, 2019Global Game Jam Launches Tomorrow! Click this link to watch the 48-hour hackathon! https://mixer.com/apu_games For more information about the event, please visit apucinema.com
- January 17, 2019Azusa Pacific University is a host site for Global Game Jam, a worldwide gaming challenge.The public is invited to register for this 48-hour worldwide event.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.