B.A. Admission, Auditions, and Scholarships
How to Apply
- Complete your APU Undergraduate Application
- Select Theater: Theater Arts, B.A. as your major
- When prompted, complete your Fall 2021 B.A. in Theater Arts Scholarship Application
- If eligible, complete your FAFSA (does not apply to international students)
Students do not need to audition for the theater arts major, as this is not an acting degree. Students who are primarily interested in acting should apply to our BFA in Acting for the Stage and Screen program.
February 15, 2021, is the priority deadline for the Fall 2021 B.A. in Theater Arts Scholarship Application. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application and their scholarship application by the deadline to ensure scholarship consideration.
This program is also admitting students for the spring 2021 semester, but spring applicants may not apply for the theater arts scholarship; they will instead be considered for the APU Grant as eligible.
B.A. in Theater Arts Scholarship Application Requirements
- APU Undergraduate Application
- Fall 2021 B.A. in Theater Arts Scholarship Application via SlideRoom including one of the following creative work samples:
- One-Act or Full-Length Original Play or Adaptation
- Critical Essay on an aspect of theatrical history, literature, or production (five pages)
- Design Portfolio (photos accepted)
- Directing (video sample accepted)
General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Select an option below:
Declaring Your Major
Students may declare a major in theater arts once they are admitted to APU.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.