Make PE Fun for All
APU’s Master of Arts in Physical Education with Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization is designed for candidates who already possess a teaching credential in physical education and who seek to teach both adapted physical education (APE) and general physical education at the K–12 and community college levels.
The combined master’s degree and added authorization program delivers a comprehensive educational package. Graduates gain a marketable specialty in adapted physical education that allows for expanded employment opportunities and the skills to make a difference in the lives of diverse students.
Applicants who currently possess an Education Specialist credential must either complete 12 units of upper-division physical education prerequisites or successfully pass the CSET prior to entering the program.
The School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences also offers the Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization without a master’s degree.
- Graduate with your degree in as little as 18–24 months.
- Benefit from a blend of relevant coursework, scholarly research, and practical training in the field.
- Study alongside expert faculty who bring their experience to the learning environment.
- Graduates are equipped to work in three distinct capacities: general physical education, dedicated adapted physical education, and hybrid positions teaching both general and adapted physical education.
- Earn your degree from a top Christian university dedicated to God First since 1899.
APU’s School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences values the importance of developing programs of distinction and academic integrity. The university is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Azusa Pacific University offers teacher education programs approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), authorizing elementary and secondary school teaching, and the National Council for the Accreditation for Teacher Education (NCATE).
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2017 rankings, placing at No. 183 in Tier One of the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2017 Best Colleges in the West, Forbes ranked APU among the best schools in the nation for 2017, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2017, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their education dreams.