Prepare to Teach English with APU’s TEFL Certification
APU’s Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) equips students who desire advanced training to start their career in teaching English, without pursuing the full Master of Arts in TESOL degree. This graduate-level TEFL certification provides students with the basic qualifications needed to teach in a multicultural setting. The certificate is earned by completing the first two courses in the M.A. in TESOL program, which can be applied toward the master's degree if further graduate work is desired.
APU also offers a TESOL Certification in three formats: field-based, on campus, and online.
- APU’s TESOL programs combine compassionate Christian service with strong academic and practical preparation for language teaching.
- Complete your Certificate in TEFL from anywhere in the world.
- Connect with faculty and other students as easily as checking email.
- Implement your learning in the classroom as you teach abroad or locally while in the program.
- Gain the necessary qualifications to get an entry-level EFL position abroad.
- Apply coursework toward a master’s degree in TESOL if you wish to pursue further graduate studies.
- Study at a top-ranked, accredited university known for excellence in academics and successful graduates.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.