Making an Appointment
The MyCougar Health Patient Portal is a secure website that gives students convenient access to personal health information. Using a secure username and password, students can complete forms for an initial appointment at the University Counseling Center and exchange secure messages with counselors.
Accessing MyCougar Health:
- Use the link above or log in at home.apu.edu
- Select “Student Center”
- Select “Self-Service”
- Select “MyCougar Health”
To schedule an initial appointment at the University Counseling Center, please visit the MyCougar Health Patient Portal to complete the following forms:
- UCC Preappointment Questionnaire
- UCC Appointment Availability
- UCC Policies and Consent for Treatment
Once you complete the forms listed above, please visit our office any time during our office hours to schedule an initial appointment.
If you are in crisis and need to speak with a counselor right away, please walk over to our office as soon as possible or give us a call at (626) 815-2109 after hours to speak with a phone counselor.
- Log in to the MyCougar Health Patient Portal.
- Click the “Forms” option listed at the top of the screen.
- Select the form you would like to complete.
- Complete the form in its entirety and click “Submit” when you are done.
- Once you have successfully submitted your form, the date will appear next to the form heading.
Forms will turn red when information is missing. If this happens, please check to make sure you have completed all answer fields and submit again.
Cancelling or Rescheduling a Session
In the event that you miss a session, your counselor will follow up with you through the secure messaging system within the MyCougar Health Patient Portal. This allows for easy follow up and communication in the event that an appointment needs to be rescheduled.
- To respond to a message, simply click on the “Messages” option listed at the top of the screen.
- Select the message to which you would like to send a response.
- Click the “Reply” option listed at the top of the screen.
- Write your message.
- Click “Submit”.
In the event that you would like to cancel your session and you cannot send a secure message through the MyCougar Health Patient Portal, please feel free to give us a call at (626) 815-2109.