Making an Appointment
UCC Open for Teletherapy Appointments
The University Counseling Center continues to offer free teletherapy sessions for APU students. Please call us at (626) 815-2109 to schedule an appointment. View additional mental wellness resources in the PDF below.
We are located in Magnolia Court, next to the Health Center, on the East Azusa Campus.
Before scheduling your appointment, please complete the required forms online through your MyCougar Health Patient Portal. This is a secure website that gives students convenient access to personal health information. Using a secure username and password, students can complete forms for an initial appointment at the University Counseling Center and exchange secure messages with counselors.
Accessing MyCougar Health/Completing Forms
- Use the link above or log in at home.apu.edu
- Select “My Resources” then click on the plus (+) sign
- Select “General”
- Select “MyCougar Health”
- Select “Forms” option listed at the top of the screen.
- Complete all three University Counseling Center forms and click “Submit” when you are done:
- UCC Preappointment Questionnaire
- UCC Appointment Availability
- UCC Policies and Consent for Treatment
- Once you have successfully submitted your forms, the date will appear next to the form heading. Forms will turn red when information is missing. If this happens, please check to make sure you have completed all answer fields and submit again.
Once you complete the forms listed above, please visit our office any time during our operating hours to schedule an initial appointment.
If you are in crisis and need to speak with a counselor right away, please walk over to our office as soon as possible or give us a call at (626) 815-2109 after hours to speak with a counselor over the phone.
Canceling or Rescheduling a Session
In the event that you miss a session, your counselor will follow up with you through the secure messaging system within the MyCougar Health Patient Portal. This allows for easy follow up and communication in the event that an appointment needs to be rescheduled.
- To respond to a message, simply click on the “Messages” option listed at the top of the screen.
- Select the message to which you would like to send a response.
- Click the “Reply” option listed at the top of the screen.
- Write your message.
- Click “Submit.”
In the event that you would like to cancel your session and you cannot send a secure message through the MyCougar Health Patient Portal, please call us at (626) 815-2109.