How to Manage Your Student Loan Debt
As a student, you may be facing complex educational financing issues. This may raise questions such as:
- How will I pay for school?
- If I do decide to take loans, how much should I borrow, and how will I make those funds last to cover all of my program costs?
- Can I really successfully complete a degree?
- How long will it take me to repay my student loans?
If you need federal loans to help pay for school, understanding how repayment works can save you time and money. The U.S. Department of Education provides a guide to repaying your federal student loans that covers topics like:
- Finding the right payment plan
- How to make a payment
- What to do if you can’t afford your payments
- Student loan forgiveness, cancellation, and discharge
If you currently have student loans or will obtain student loans in the future, the U.S. Department of Education Repayment Calculator can help you determine which repayment plan is best for you.
If you are unsure of the amount you have borrowed thus far, the National Student Loan Data System has a complete inventory of your federal student loans.
Pursuing higher education is an investment in your future. As with any investment, going to school requires careful planning, continuous effort, and the resources to make informed decisions. Azusa Pacific’s Student Account Counselors are dedicated to helping you make smart choices about your education and supporting you along the path to achieving your goals.