Auditions and Scholarships
The APU College of the Arts offers two scholarships to undergraduate students interested in music. All students wishing to be considered for scholarship must audition.
- College of the Arts Music Scholarship (Music Majors Only)
The College of the Arts Music Scholarship is a generous, talent-based scholarship program renewable up to eight semesters while completing an undergraduate music degree within the APU School of Music. Based on an incoming student’s audition(s), the scholarship committee will evaluate the student’s overall talent and potential contribution to the School of Music, and award scholarships accordingly.
- College of the Arts Engagement Scholarship (Music Minors and Non-Music Majors)
Students pursuing a music minor or a non-music major are welcome to audition for a College of the Arts Engagement Scholarship. These scholarships are based on participation in our various vocal and instrumental ensembles.
How to Schedule Your Audition and Apply for a Scholarship
- Complete your APU Undergraduate Application
- Select your music major (if applicable)
- When prompted, complete your scholarship application via SlideRoom
- If eligible, complete your FAFSA (does not apply to international students)
- The APU School of Music will email you to schedule your audition
- Complete your audition
Spring 2020 Applicants
December 1, 2019, is the priority deadline for the Spring 2020 Music Undergraduate Auditions. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application, their SlideRoom scholarship application, and their audition by the deadline to ensure consideration.
Fall 2020 Applicants
February 15, 2020, is the priority deadline for the Fall 2020 Music Undergraduate Auditions. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application and their SlideRoom scholarship application by the deadline to ensure consideration. Video auditions are due with the SlideRoom application by this date as well, but in-person auditions may be scheduled through February 28, 2020.
Via the application process, students may request an in-person audition during any one of our audition dates:
- Friday, October 18 (during APU Preview)
- Friday, November 8 (during APU Preview)
- Monday, November 11 (during APU Open House)
- Thursday, January 30 (during Sneak Peek)
- Friday, January 31 (during Sneak Peek)
- Saturday, February 1
- Friday, February 14
- Friday, February 21 (during Trustees’ Scholarship Week)
- Thursday, February 27
- Friday, February 28
Students are encouraged to complete their auditions in-person if possible, but those students unable to make it to campus may upload a video audition through their SlideRoom application. Video auditions must be submitted by December 1, 2019, for spring 2020 consideration and by February 15, 2020, for fall 2020 consideration.
Undergraduate Audition and Interview Requirements
Students may need to audition or interview in more than one category to ensure the best possible assessment.
- Choral Audition
- Voice Audition (Classical)
- Voice Audition (Commercial)
- Drum Set Audition
- Percussion Audition
- Bass Audition (Commercial)
- Guitar Audition (Classical)
- Guitar Audition (Commercial)
- Piano Audition (Classical)
- Piano Audition (Commercial)
- Strings and Harp Audition
- Woodwinds and Brass Audition
- Commercial Music Interview
- Composition and Arranging Interview
- Music and Worship Interview
- Music Education Interview
Graduate and Artist Certificate
Auditions for the APU School of Music Graduate Program and Artist Certificate Programs are dependent on the program you wish to pursue.
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.