Auditions and Scholarships
The APU College of the Arts offers scholarships to undergraduate music majors. All students wishing to be considered for scholarship must audition.
The College of the Arts Music Scholarship (Music Majors Only) is a generous, talent-based scholarship program renewable up to eight semesters while completing an undergraduate music degree within the APU School of Music. Based on an incoming student’s audition(s), the scholarship committee will evaluate the student’s overall talent and potential contribution to the School of Music, and award scholarships accordingly.
How to Schedule Your Audition and Apply for a Scholarship
- Complete your APU Undergraduate Application
- Select your music major (if applicable)
- When prompted, complete your scholarship application via SlideRoom
- If eligible, complete your FAFSA (does not apply to international students)
- The APU School of Music will email you to schedule your audition
- Complete your audition
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis. As such, students are encouraged to audition as soon as possible for best consideration.
Spring 2021 Applicants
December 1, 2020, is the priority deadline for the Spring 2021 Music Undergraduate Auditions. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application, their SlideRoom scholarship application, and their audition by the deadline to ensure consideration.
Fall 2021 Applicants
February 15, 2021, is the priority deadline for the Fall 2021 Music Undergraduate Auditions. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application, their SlideRoom scholarship application, and their audition by the deadline to ensure consideration.
Students are encouraged to complete their SlideRoom application, in which they will record a video of themselves performing. Once their SlideRoom application is submitted, the School of Music will contact applicants to schedule a virtual audition with a faculty member during one of the audition dates listed below.
- Friday, October 16, 2020
- Friday, November 6, 2020
- Thursday, January 28, 2021
- Friday, January 29, 2021
- Saturday, January 30, 2021
Undergraduate Audition and Interview Requirements
Students may need to audition or interview in more than one category to ensure the best possible assessment.
- Choral Audition
- Voice Audition (Classical)
- Voice Audition (Commercial)
- Drum Set Audition
- Percussion Audition
- Bass Audition (Commercial)
- Guitar Audition (Classical)
- Guitar Audition (Commercial)
- Piano Audition (Classical)
- Piano Audition (Commercial)
- Strings and Harp Audition
- Woodwinds and Brass Audition
- Commercial Music Interview
- Composition and Arranging Interview
- Music and Worship Interview
- Music Education Interview
Graduate and Artist Certificate
Auditions for the APU School of Music Graduate Program and Artist Certificate Programs are dependent on the program you wish to pursue.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.