Transition to a Helping Profession
The Entry-level Master’s in Nursing (ELM) program is a direct entry nursing program designed to provide graduate nursing education for those who hold baccalaureate or higher degrees in other disciplines. The program prepares students for entry into the field (NCLEX-RN licensure examination) and for advanced nursing practice.
- MSN graduates are eligible to apply to the state of California for certification as a clinical nurse specialist and/or as a nurse practitioner.
- Graduates are eligible for the California Registered Nurse License and Public Health Nursing Certificate.
- This direct entry nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the California Board of Registered Nursing (CBRN).
- MSN graduates with certain specializations may also apply for a national credential by examination through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Clinical experiences include hospital care services for diverse cultural/ethnic groups, the underserved, the poor, and the homeless.
- Students receive personalized attention in a supportive Christian environment from experienced faculty.
- Financial aid is available through scholarships and loans.
School of Nursing Accreditation
The baccalaureate degree, master's degree, Doctor of Nursing Practice, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Azusa Pacific University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) .
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2017 rankings, placing at No. 183 in Tier One of the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2017 Best Colleges in the West, Forbes ranked APU among the best schools in the nation for 2017, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2017, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their education dreams.