Jason Oakes, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor, Philosophy
Jason grew up on a cattle ranch in the panhandle in Western Oklahoma and now finds himself living in the Southern California sprawl along with his wife of over 20 years, Amanda, and their 4 kids between the ages of 14 and 18-- two daughters and two sons. He has degrees in both theology (M.Div) and philosophy (B.A., M.A. & Ph.D) and has taught both traditional and online courses at the undergraduate level for nearly 20 years. At the University of Oklahoma, he wrote his dissertation on the philosophical theology of Nicholas Malebranche and George Berkeley. Aside from teaching college kids, Jason also works managing a small business in Orange County.
- Ph.D. Philosophy - University of Oklahoma
- MA Philosophy - University of Oklahoma
- MDiv Biblical and Theological Studies - Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- BA Philosophy - Oklahoma State University
- School of Theology
- Department of Philosophy
- PHIL 100 - Introduction to Philosophy