Learn How to Live a Vibrant Faith in Today’s Pluralistic World
APU’s Bachelor of Arts in Theology equips students to think critically, engage in meaningful discussion, and articulate what they believe and why in order to live a vital faith in a postmodern, pluralistic society. The theology major provides a solid foundation in the academic study of Christian theology and Church history, the doctrines of the ancient and contemporary Church, and the framework for Christian belief. Students learn how to engage in sustained and thoughtful devotion to God and the Gospel.
Advanced theology degree coursework includes apologetics, ethics, and social issues. For students who wish to pursue graduate study or other continued education at a seminary or university, the theology major fosters the discipline, passion, and skills needed.
Is the Theology Major Right for You?
You’re a theology major if you:
- Enjoy focused reading and rigorous thinking.
- Enjoy looking for the connections between ideas.
- Want deeper knowledge of the foundations and history of Christianity.
- Want to learn how to explain your faith.
- Want to understand the currents of the life of the Church across time.
Note: This information is current for the 2021-22 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.