Youth Ministry Degree
Young people must navigate extremely turbulent waters in today’s society, from shifting identity norms to rapidly changing digital culture, to surviving broken homes and social pressures. Yet, these same young people are the hope of the future—the innovators, the world changers, the difference makers. Azusa Pacific’s Bachelor of Arts in Youth and Family Ministries equips you to shape the future by influencing young people inside and outside the church.
As young people explore their identities, dip their toes into adulthood, and find their way through the wilds of adolescence, they need vibrant, compassionate leaders who speak the truth of Jesus into their lives and help them become who God created them to be. This youth ministry degree blends theological and biblical study with courses on youth culture and adolescence, providing the groundwork for a ministry of making a difference in the lives of young people.
Students develop a personal philosophy of youth and family ministries based on their strengths and calling, which provides a foundation for a concentration in church and pastoral ministries practices, intercultural Christian ministries, ministry in urban and social service contexts, sports ministry, or youth outreach and discipleship. Youth and family ministries majors leave APU prepared with the tools and experience they need to lead successful youth and family ministries.
- Be inspired by passionate faculty-mentors who draw from years of ministry experience
- Gain knowledge about the Bible and ministry practices, and develop your capacity for theological reflection
- Deepen your understanding of adolescent development and youth culture
- Experience real-world ministry in a two-semester internship during senior year
- Receive support and guidance from the Center for Vocational Ministry
Is the Youth Ministry Degree Right for You?
- Enjoy hanging out with adolescents.
- Get energized by being around 11- to 18-year-olds
- Sense God’s call to serve Him inside or outside of the Church
- Desire to extend Kingdom through the lives of adolescents