Sharon Lehman’s main interest is to provide healthy and effective leadership, helping faculty and students thrive. She studied the concepts of leadership and perception for her dissertation and embraces servant leadership as the motivation for her professional endeavors. She has been in education for 32 years, serving as a successful softball coach, college professor, associate athletics director, and department chair. She has researched and is interested in the area of youth sports, especially as it pertains to emotional and physical burnout in athletes. While coaching softball at APU, she received the National Fastpitch Coaches Association National Coach of the Year in 1977 and 2000. She was inducted into APU’s Academic Hall of Honor in 2002 and Athletic Hall of Fame in 2009. In 2013, she received the Campus Leadership and Teaching Excellence awards. She is a member of APU’s Faculty Senate.
- Ed.D., Sport Management, United States Sports Academy
- M.A., Education, Azusa Pacific University
- B.A., Physical Education, Azusa Pacific University
- School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
- Department of Kinesiology
- Leadership and administration
- Physical education