Azusa Pacific’s online courses combine the content and quality of traditional, face-to-face classes with the convenience and flexibility of an online format. APU faculty who teach online courses also teach in our on-campus programs. Students can participate in discussions and complete assignments when and where it works best for them. The dynamic online learning environment also promotes high levels of interaction with the professor and with other students in the program.
Is an Online Course for Me?
Online courses are ideal for students whose work schedules make it difficult to be on a campus during traditional school hours. Those who live far from campus also find online learning beneficial. Because online classes have weekly requirements and deadlines, students must be motivated to learn and have self-discipline.
Where Do I Start?
Enroll for your online course through the registrar’s office. When you register, you must supply a valid email address.
Step 2—Tech Check
To make sure your computer can access your online course, visit our system requirements page for the current technical requirements for online classes and a browser test.
Note: In online courses, use either Google Chrome or Firefox browsers.
Step 3—Log into Sakai or Canvas
Please note that you will not be able to access your courses until the first day of the sesstion.
Note: The university is in the process of a school-by-school transition from Sakai to Canvas for both online and companion courses. To determine whether your course is using Sakai or Canvas this term, visit the Student Center tab at home.apu.edu. Select the “Enroll” link, select the “My Class Schedule” tab, and in List View click on the “Section” link. Look in the Notes section to see if this class will be offered in Canvas. All classes without a Canvas note are still offered through Sakai. Select the appropriate option based on that information.
There are two ways you can log in to your online course:
Canvas or Sakai
- Go to home.apu.edu.
- Enter your APU Net ID and password.
- Scroll down to the Quicklinks menu on the home.apu.edu welcome page.
- Click on the Sakai or Canvas link at the bottom of the Quicklinks menu.
- Go to canvas.apu.edu and click “Log In.”
- Enter your APU Net ID and password to log in to your Canvas account.
- Go to sakai.apu.edu and click on “Log In.”
- Enter your APU Net ID and password to log in to your Sakai account.
Step 4—Access Your Course
After logging in, you will have the global navigation toolbar on the left of the page.
- Find your course from the list of courses
- My Workspace
After logging in, you will arrive at My Workspace.
- Find Your Course
From the “My Workspace” page, click “More Sites” to find your course. Select and open your course.
- Left Sidebar
Within your course, the left sidebar contains a list of items that vary depending on the course. Click the different links to explore their functions.
You may personalize the look, content, and function of your Workspace through the “Preferences” tool in the left sidebar.
- If you can’t see your course, an assignment, or your grade, ask your instructor. Instructors control those items.
- If you have technical problems, contact the IMT Support Center, which is available 24/7 for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 815-5050.