Azusa Pacific’s online courses combine the content and quality of traditional, face-to-face classes with the convenience and flexibility of an online format. APU faculty who teach online courses also teach in our on-campus programs. Students can participate in discussions and complete assignments when and where it works best for them. The dynamic online learning environment also promotes high levels of interaction with the professor and with other students in the program.
Is an Online Course for Me?
Online courses are ideal for students whose work schedules make it difficult to be on a campus during traditional school hours. Those who live far from campus also find online learning beneficial. Because online classes have weekly requirements and deadlines, students must be motivated to learn and have self-discipline.
Where Do I Start?
Enroll for your online course through the registrar’s office. When you register, you must supply a valid email address.
Step 2—Tech Check
Check the browser and computer requirements for Canvas to make sure your system is supported and that you will have the best experience in your online courses.
Step 3—Log into Canvas
Note: You will not be able to access your courses until the first day of the session.
There are two ways you can log in to your online course:
- Go to home.apu.edu and log in with your APU Net ID and password.
- Near the top of the My Links menu on the left, click on the Canvas link.
- Go to canvas.apu.edu and click “APU Net ID Sign in.”
- Enter your APU Net ID and password to log in to your Canvas account.
Step 4—Access Your Course
After logging in, you will have the global navigation toolbar on the left of the page.
- Find your course from the list of courses
- If you can’t see your course, an assignment, or your grade, ask your instructor. Instructors control those items.
- If you have technical problems, contact the IMT Support Center, which is available 24/7 for assistance at email@example.com or (626) 815-5050.