Below is a list of internally created and externally available resources, ideas, and best practices about the most common teaching topics and methods. We will periodically update and add to this list. If you do not find what you’re looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-Demand Teaching Resources
ITT provides all APU faculty members complimentary access to many high-quality, on-demand teaching resources on popular teaching topics. Our resources include video libraries, short articles, and practical newsletters—all focused on equipping faculty to be effective teachers.
Syllabus and Curricular Guidelines
- Meet the Faculty
- Preparing to Teach (e.g., course design, first day of class, lesson planning, etc.)
- Teaching Strategies (e.g., active learning, group work, lecturing, etc.)
- Testing and Grading (e.g., designing exams, evaluating writing, etc.)
- Student Learning (e.g., learning styles/theories, motivating students, etc.)
- Faculty are responsible for ensuring that their course materials comply with copyright law. For more information, refer to the Copyright Advisory created by University Libraries.