APU is dedicated to providing a welcoming digital learning environment for all students, including those with disabilities. To that end, ITT provides resources and support for faculty who want to make their instructional materials compliant with federal accessibility standards.
All instructional materials need to be delivered in a manner that is equally effective for persons with disabilities. Instructional materials are considered equally effective when they are:
- comparable in quality to those received by students without disabilities
- comparable in timeliness of delivery and availability
- provided in a manner and medium appropriate to the significance of the message and the abilities of the person receiving the materials
Faculty who have students with specific disabilities in their class(es) should contact the Learning Enrichment Center (LEC) to begin the process of academic accommodations. You can reach the LEC at (626) 815-3849 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is Your Course Accessible? Six Ways to Make Your Instructional Materials Accessible
- Web Accessibility in Mind (WebAIM)
- EDUCAUSE Accessibility Guidelines