Patricia Bonner, Ph.D.
Professor Emerita, Department of Educational Leadership
Office Location: Building One
Patricia Bonner, Ph.D., is a professor emerita of APU’s Department of Educational Leadership. She has experience in K–12 public school teaching and site- and district-level administration; higher education teaching at undergraduate, teacher education, master’s, and doctoral levels; and higher education administration at the program director, department chair, and dean levels. Her current interests are in teaching and learning at the K–12 and higher education levels, including an interest in the professional development of educators, with a specific focus on action research as a vehicle for effective professional practice transformation and growth. Other interests include issues of equity in schools, effective teaching models for all levels of education, motivation for learning, and resilience in school leaders. She is active as a reviewer for American Educational Research Association (AERA) presentations, Teachers College Record manuscripts, California Association of Professors of Educational Administration manuscripts, and other professional organization journals and yearbooks. She has presented at AERA numerous times for various special-interest groups, including Action Research, Studies of the Superintendency, and Bilingual Education Research.
- Ph.D., Education (Emphases in Leadership, Human Development, and Teaching), Claremont Graduate School
- M.A., Education, Claremont Graduate School
- M.A., Social Science (Emphasis in Educational Psychology), Azusa Pacific University
- B.A., Education (Minor in English), Point Loma Nazarene College
- Administrative Services Credential, Azusa Pacific University
- School of Education
- Department of Educational Leadership
- Higher Education
- Public School Education
Wednesday, 3–5 p.m.; and by appointment